How to make chamoy pickle at home? For those of you who like pickles, now there is an increasingly delicious chamoy pickle recipe to enjoy as a snack or as a menu during a big meal.
What is chamoy pickle? This is a pickle combined with chamoy or chamoy sauce which tastes sour, sweet and spicy. A combination of flavors that makes your tongue waggle. This sauce is an appetizer for this pickle.
In this article we will give you a chamoy recipe, you can see how to make chamoy pickle easily at home. An innovation in bringing pickle flavors to the family. So, get ready to add a savory taste to every snacking opportunity you have.
What is Chamoy Actually?
Chamoy is four kinds, sweet, sour, salty and spicy. The fruit we use can be very diverse, including aprocots, mangoes or plums. Then these fruits are combined with various healthy spices such as peppers, lemon juice, spices and various other fruits.
Chamoy sauce is made to enhance the flavor of appetizers such as pickles. So it’s called “chamoy pickles” because the pickles are eaten with a combination of chamoy sauce.
This chamoy sauce gives a different, unique and fun taste to the pickles. For those of you who don’t like regular pickles, maybe you will like them after eating them with chamoy. Those are the benefits of chamoy sauce for which we will share the recipe here. However, here we will discuss it in full, not only the sauce but also the pickles as well. Let’s start.
– One jar of pickles that have been sliced
– One cup of chamoy sauce
– Two tablespoons of lemon juice, if you want it more sour you can add three spoons
– One tablespoon of hot sauce, if you want it sharper you can add more according to taste
– Chili powder or tajin seasoning, this is useful for garnish
Put the dill pickles in a large bowl
– Then mix the chamoy sauce, hot sauce, lime juice, in another bowl. When it is mixed well, stir again.
– Then, over the pickles in the bowl, pour the chamoy sauce, making sure all the pickles, stir gently with a spatula.
– Then, chill the bowl for about 2 hours, and put it in plastic wrap while cooling it in the refrigerator. This will allow all the flavors to blend and enhance nicely.
– After marinating, remove the pickles from the refrigerator, and give one more toss.
– Serve chamoy pickles (pickles with chamoy sauce) with your favorite Mexican food. You can also eat it as a healthy snack. For an appetizing appearance, garnish the chamoy pickle with tajin or with chili powder for a spicier taste.
Note: Leftover chamoy pickles can be stored in the refrigerator and will last in the refrigerator for a week, remember to store them in an airtight container.
In making this recipe pickle, you need some equipment, such as:
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula for mixing
- Plastic wrap or lid for covering the bowl
- Refrigerator for marinating
- Serving dish
- Optional: airtight container for storing leftovers
– Cherry Mash Candy Recipe
– Change Your Life Chicken: This Food Changes Your Well-Being
Instead of using dill pickles you can use cucumber pickles or sweet pickles or buttered bread.
Buy chamoy sauce that suits your taste, remember there are many types of pickles available in stores.
You don’t have to use the sauce as in the recipe, you can add it if you want the taste to be sharper. If you want it spicier, there is chamoy hot sauce that you can buy.
Two hours is the time for marinating . But the marinating time can be increased or even overnight.
When cooling in the refrigerator, make sure the bowl is tightly covered with plastic wrap. So that the taste blends in and doesn’t come out of the bowl to contaminate your refrigerator.
When serving it, place it on a colored plate or in a glass jar so it looks more colorful. The presentation goes well with meat, tacos, nachos, guesadillas and others. You can also use chamoy sauce to enhance the sandwich’s flavor and tangy kick.
That’s the recipe for appetizing chamoy pickles, good luck trying them at home and hopefully you can produce pickles that will tempt your family’s appetite. My advice, don’t be afraid to experiment, by experimenting you will gain a lot of experience and of course you will find the best way to make chamoy pickle.
FAQs about Chamoy Pickle
What is Chamoy?
Champy is a sauce with 4 different flavors, sweet, sour, salty and spicy. The fruit used in making this pickle is fruit such as apricots, plums, mango and then mixed with various spices.
What are Chamoy Pickles?
Chamoy pickle is a blend of Mexican and American flavors. This is a simple snack that is suitable for those of you who like spicy and sweet flavors
How do I make Chamoy Pickles at home?
How to make chamoy pickle at home is very easy, you have provided complete instructions in the recipe card, please refer to the article above and read it carefully.
Can I adjust the spiciness level of Chamoy Pickles?
Yes, you can intervene with these ingredients by making or adding ingredients according to your individual preferences. Use a little spicy for a non-spicy taste, and if you want spicy, then you are.
How long can I store Chamoy Pickles?
You can make your own chamoy pickles at home using ingredients that are easy to find. If you make a large amount, you can store the rest in the refrigerator. Pickled chamoy will last in the cupboard for a week or two.
What are some serving suggestions for Chamoy Pickles?
Chamoy pickles can be enjoyed on their own or with a variety of other foods. You can serve it as an interesting dish when gathering with friends or family
Where can I find Chamoy sauce and Tajin seasoning?
It’s easy, usually you can get chamoy sauce and tajin seasoning at the international or Mexican food department of your neighborhood grocery store. If not, you can buy it at the Amazon online store.
- 1 jar dill pickles (sliced)
- 1 cup Chamoy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional, for an extra kick)
- Tajin seasoning or chili powder (for garnish)
- Then mix the chamoy sauce, hot sauce, lime juice, in another bowl. When it is mixed well, stir again.
- Then, over the pickles in the bowl, pour the chamoy sauce, making sure all the pickles, stir gently with a spatula.
- Then, chill the bowl for about 2 hours, and put it in plastic wrap while cooling it in the refrigerator. This will allow all the flavors to blend and enhance nicely.
- After marinating, remove the pickles from the refrigerator, and give one more toss.
- Serve chamoy pickles (pickles with chamoy sauce) with your favorite Mexican food. You can also eat it as a healthy snack. For an appetizing appearance, garnish the chamoy pickle with tajin or with chili powder for a spicier taste.