Why are you craving corn? There are several reasons behind this. It could be that you often eat processed foods or your body is deficient in certain vitamins and minerals found in corn. So, your body needs foods such as corn to meet the body’s needs.
So, until here, you have to hear what your body needs, what your body wants. Find out why you suddenly craving corn. If you haven’t found the answer yet, read on as we will explain it.
WHY AM I CRAVING CORN
If you have a craving for corn, you can buy it and make roasted corn as a snack in the afternoon. You can also add corn as a pizza topping and as an addition to salads.
Why craving corn? Maybe there are several reasons that make you want to eat corn. One of them is that your body is lacking nutrients in corn such as magnesium.
So, if you feel yourself as a person who craves corn, try talking to your doctor about your health condition.
Furthermore, if you eat too much processed food, then you will also have a corn craving. Mostly consuming processed foods, you will lack body nutrition. Mostly consuming sweet foods can also cause you to have a craving for corn or other carbohydrate foods. When most of the food is sweet, blood sugar soars high and then drops dramatically so that your body wants sweet food again, corn is one of the foods rich in sugar.
When you have a craving for corn, you can include it in your diet or boil it as a main meal, but at the same time you should reduce processed foods.
Why do you have a craving for corn? There are several reasons behind it. One of the reasons is because your body needs more carbohydrates, it could also be because you want something sweet or crunchy like popcorn.
If you have a corn craving, there’s nothing wrong with including corn in your daily diet. Apart from that, corn is indeed a healthy food and provides many nutrients for the body.
Among the benefits of corn for health are:
1. Corn is a good source of fiber to maintain digestive health. In addition, fiber makes you full quickly.
Corn is a source of soluble and insoluble fiber, so both are great for preventing constipation and diarrhea.
2. Corn is a source of antioxidants. These are important compounds in keeping the body’s cells healthy. Antioxidants are important for fighting free radicals in the body, preventing cancer and even various forms of inflammation. Among the antioxidants are flavonoids and carotenoids.
3. Corn is a source of various vitamins and minerals. It is a great source of vitamins C and B. It is also a good source of minerals like magnesium and iron.
4. Low-carbohydrate foods. One cup of corn kernels contains 140 calories. This is a healthy food for those of you who are watching your weight.
5. Corn is a versatile food. You can prepare corn in a variety of recipes and ways. Corn can be eaten as corn on the cob, roasted corn or as an addition to various other dishes, you can even serve corn as sweet porridge.
Why Am I Suddenly Craving Corn?
Maybe there are several reasons that make you craving corn. It could be that corn has been your food since childhood, so when you don’t eat it for a long time, and then you see corn, of course you suddenly have a craving for corn.
Apart from that, another reason why you are craving corn is because your body really needs nutrients from corn such as magnesium. Whatever the reason, craving corn is not something bad, it’s good and healthy and makes you full. It’s just that, you still have to limit it as best you can.
Craving Corn Meaning
Craving corn or other foods is a normal thing to happen. This is not only for pregnant women but everyone can experience it. This is not a problem with your health, it’s just that you shouldn’t really like unhealthy foods.
Corn is a healthy food as long as it is consumed properly. To fulfill your cravings for corn, you can try making corn salad, adding sliced tomatoes, avocado and lime juice.
Craving Corn During Pregnancy
Cravings for corn during pregnancy are normal and natural, mothers actually crave a lot because they need a lot of nutrition. Then various foods that contain the nutrients they need will be included in the list of foods they crave. So, the duty of a husband is to comply with the wishes of his wife for certain foods that are craving.
This is actually a way to enter nutrients into the body of a pregnant woman in order to meet the needs of her body that is carrying a fetus. So, the cravings of a pregnant woman are because she needs lots of nutrients for her body.
- 1 cup fine ground cornmeal
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- Optional toppings: fruit, nuts, maple syrup, honey
- Mix ingredients like corn flour, milk, the salt, cinnamon herb and nutmeg in a saucepan.
- The mixture was cooked over medium heat
- Then, reduce the heat and cook it more time till to boil, just stir occasionally, cook for 20 minutes, or until the ingredients thicken.
- Stir in the sugar and taste, you can add sugar according to individual taste.
- Serve immediately and put the topping on top.
Tips: To add flavor, you can add cream instead of milk, also add some pepper for a bit spicy taste. If making a vegan version, then use plant-based milk and cream.