If you love the Mountain Dew Baja Blast drink, you may have asked does Baja Blast contains caffeine? Ok, actually this is a lot of questions and here we will explain to you about our favorite drink Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
Here we will discuss a lot about the caffeine behind the Baja Blast drink. So, you can make up your mind about this drink. Ok, for those of you who are not familiar with Mountain Dew Baja Blast, let’s look at the following review.
What Is Baja Blast?
This is a soft drink specially made for Taco Bell restaurants, this soft drink is flavored with lime. When this drink was first introduced in 2004, its taste has become increasingly popular until now. The color of this drink is like the sea, and the taste really evokes a tropical impression and is very suitable for those of you who are on holiday.
This is an exclusive drink that was originally only available at Taco Bell, and now you can enjoy it in canned form and enjoy it outside wherever you like. You can sip a glass of Mountain Dew Baja Blast on its own or by combining it with Nacho Supreme. It really feels like a tropical atmosphere and you will feel it at every opportunity.
The Ingredients In It
Baja Blast is a drink with a tropical orange flavor from Mexico that is a favorite of many people. Have you ever wondered what ingredients are used in making this drink, here are some of the ingredients used in Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
- Carbonated Water: This gives Baja Blast its fizzy texture.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: This is a sweetener and is also commonly used in many fizzy drinks.
- Citric Acid: This citric acid content makes Baja Blast taste sour and it also acts as a drink preservative.
- Potassium Sorbate: This is also a form of preservative that keeps Baja Blast drinks fresh.
- Caffeine: It is a stimulant and we find it in many drinks such as coffee, tea or in fizzy drinks.
- Gum Arabic: This is the ingredient that makes Baja Blast stable in terms of taste and texture.
- Sodium Benzoate: Another type of preservative that helps Baja Blast stay fresh.
- Potassium Citrate: These ingredients help regulate the acidity in Baja Blast.
- Sucralose: This is a calorie-free sweetener, but not all types of Baja Blast use this sweetener, it is only used in some versions.
Ok, now you know the ingredients in making the Mountain Dew Baja Blast drink. So, do you want to make it yourself at home? Actually, you only need Mountain Dew and Powerade Berry Blast, and ice cubes to create a refreshing tropical taste.
Ok, now we come to the point of our article, it is a question “Does Baja Blast contain caffeine?” Let’s see a detailed explanation of the caffeine content in Baja Blast drinks.
Does Baja Blast Contain Caffeine?
Those of you who are fans of Baja Blast fizzy drinks must be wondering about the caffeine content in this refreshing drink. Does Taco Bell’s Baja Blast soda contain caffeine? Yes, that’s right, the soda used in making Baja Blast actually contains soda, where each ounce contains 4.5 mf of caffeine or 54 mg of caffeine for every 12 ounce cup.
The caffeine can vary according to the size of the drink you order. This caffeine content may be more than what you get in some other drinks, but this amount is still less than the caffeine in a cup of coffee. If you are sensitive to caffeine, check each label for ingredients.
Overall, Baja Blast is a soft drink with a tropical orange flavor and actually contains a small amount of caffeine.
Other Factors to Consider in Baja Bl ast’s Caffeine Content
Is there anything else we should pay attention to about this Baja Blast fizzy drink? Let’s look at the following review further.
Mountain Dew Baja Blast is a drink that has been around for a long time and is known for its fresh citrus flavor and amazing blue color. But how much caffeine is in Baja Blast? Even though these soft drinks contain a lot of caffeine, there are other things you can consider so that you understand how they affect your body. Here are some things you need to know besides caffeine:
- Serving Size Matters: The caffeine content in Baja Blast varies according to the portion you choose. One 12-ounce cup contains 54 mg of caffeine, and a 16-ounce cup contains 72 mg of caffeine.
- Compare to Other Drinks: A Glance at Mauntain Dew Baja Blast has little caffeine when compared to other drinks, but this is considered significant. Baja Blast’s caffeine content is more than one can of Coca Cola but less than the caffeine in one cup of coffee.
- Personal Tolerance: A person’s body condition reacts differently from person to person when faced with caffeine. So, you need to listen to what your body is saying, whether you can drink one can of Baja Blast or whether you should reduce it. So, caffeine is also influenced by how a person’s body reacts. Some people have a problem with a glass of coffee and can’t sleep at night, but others have no problem with this at all.
- Time When You Drink: The time we choose to drink caffeinated drinks also has an effect on the body. Drinking Baja Blast mountain dew in the morning sometimes stimulates enthusiasm and energy throughout the day. Meanwhile, drinking it at night sometimes means you don’t experience any reactions, or even want to sleep immediately instead of not being able to sleep.
Other ingredients in Mountain Dew Baja Blast
Artificial sweeteners, sugar, and this also affects your body, consuming excessive sugar sometimes also causes poor health later in life.
The caffeine content in Baja Blast is the only thing you should think about if you want to try this soft drink. But considering the smaller portion, the caffeine will be less. Then, each person’s tolerance for caffeine is also an influence, and the time of day they drink it also sometimes has a different effect. Sometimes you have to consider the ingredients, such as the presence of preservatives or artificial sweeteners in them.
What are the Effects of Caffeine on the Body
Get the blood pumping
Caffeine is a nervous system stimulant and can cause high blood pressure and heart rate in a short time. It is not known for certain how many people will experience this, sometimes someone can experience a high heart rate for a longer time.
Consuming too much caffeine no longer provides health benefits but can increase the risk of anxiety. People with a high level of sensitivity to caffeine also sometimes experience nervousness and discomfort.
Those of you who feel a bit sensitive to caffeine should limit coffee, or Mountain Dew Baja Blast drinks, where soda also contains caffeine.
Disrupts your sleep cycle
Drinking caffeine as in Baja Blast can disrupt your sleep cycle. Caffeine blocks adenosine receptors in the brain which are responsible for feeling sleepy. So, if you want to sleep better and with better quality, then limit or avoid caffeine at night.
One of the benefits of caffeine is that it provides energy and enthusiasm, but caffeine can also interact with certain drugs. So, if someone drinks caffeine with certain drugs it can cause dangerous side effects. The solution: if you are taking medication (any type) then you should consult a doctor before drinking caffeine.
Don’t Overdo It
Caffeine is considered safe for the body in general if consumed in moderate doses. However, if you drink too much caffeine, it can have several unwanted side effects.
Consuming too much can cause a number of problems such as high blood pressure, arrhythmia, and several other bad effects.
The Substitutes to Baja Blast for Those Avoiding Caffeine
If you want a refreshing drink and need to avoid caffeine, then we have a list of some refreshing caffeine-free drinks that you can definitely try.
- Diet Coke Lime – This is a lime-flavored soda similar to Baja Blast and it is caffeine free
- Sprite – this is also another caffeine free drink, sprite offers a lemon lime flavor, and it is also refreshing.
- Mango Limeade – This is a 7-up with a taste pretty similar to Baja Blast and it has less sugar and sodium
- Lemon Lime Soda – A classic lemon-lime soda, this is a great replacement for Baja Blast.
FAQs About Does Baja Blast from Taco Bell have Caffeine?
Q: How much caffeine is in Baja Blast?
The amount of caffeine in Baja Blast varies depending on its size and type. For example, Mountain Dew Energy contains 180 mg of caffeine.
Q: Is there more caffeine in Baja Blast than other drinks?
No, the caffeine content in Baja Blast is lower compared to some other drinks.
Q: Is there a difference in caffeine content between regular Mountain Dew and Baja Blast?
Yes, a 12-ounce Baja Blast contains more caffeine than a regular 12-ounce Mountain Dew with only containing 34 mg caffeine.
Q: Is there an alcoholic version of Baja Blast?
Yes, the alcoholic version of Baja Blast is called MTN DEW Spiked. This drink contains 5% alcohol by volume (ABV) and has the bold, citrus flavors.