If you want something different, but still delicious in your mouth, then we have a recipe from Mexico, this is a delicious recipe for anyone to try at home. Mexican papas locas, this is what we mean, this crunchy and delicious food could be the menu you have been waiting for.
All you need is a few minutes to make it, a few ingredients you need, and you can bring cruchy, crispy and delicious food to your home. Want to know how the recipe works, let’s dive deeper into the recipe below.
What are Mexican Papas Locas
As usual, before we go into the procedures for making it, let’s first find out the definition of Mexican papas locas.
What is Mexican papas locas? This is a crunchy and flavorful Mexican food. The fried potato slices are perfectly seasoned and topped with various delicious ingredients such as cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chopped vegetables can be unlimited ingredients, you can add any vegetables you like. Also add grilled vegetables, shredded meat, or even for those of you who love exotic food, you can add seafood for extra flavor.
Why Mexican Papas Locas is so popular, it turns out that its very delicious taste makes it a popular food. This will give you deliciousness in every bite you take. You can make it as a daily family snack, as an appetizer or as a main meal. What’s more unique is that you can make it according to your preferences, you can add vegetables that you like or add seafood to make it more exotic.
Where do this menu come from? From the name alone you know this is Mexican food, but this food originates from the streets of Mexico, and is now making its way into leading restaurants in Mexico and even throughout the world. People call it a mystery delicacy, which is true because Mexican Papas Locas provides deliciousness in every bite. It won’t disappoint you. This is what makes you have to try it!
Origins of Mexican Papas Locas
This is a classic snack that comes from the streets of Mexico, people call it crazy potatoes. Historically, Mexican Papas Locas is made from crispy, crispy and delicious fried potatoes. Topped with cheese which gives a delicious salty taste, various spices and vegetables, it all makes an amazing combination in terms of taste.
In this food, there is an international influence, this is a combination of Mexican staple food and the international world. You will use lime, cilantro, and water. To make it even tastier, it’s usually topped with grilled corn, sprinkle on smoky chipotle mayo and don’t forget to top it with queso fresco or cotija cheese.
Now you can enjoy Mexican Papas Locas with various flavors according to your preferences. You can easily find it on the streets of Mexico or in famous restaurants in the world. It’s an explosion of deliciousness that will leave you amazed by its taste. Please try it and you will not lose with it.
How to Make Mexican Papas Locas
OK, now let’s just look at the step by step and what ingredients you need to make this crunchy and delicious Mexican food. Let’s get started!
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes, thinly sliced (after peeling)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt according to taste
- Half a cup of cooked blackbeans
- Right amount of oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chorizo or just use crushed tofu.
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- One fourth of chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- One fourth of sour cream
- One fourth cup of salsa
- First of all, rinse the potatoes with cold water, and pat dry with paper towels
- Take a large bowl and mix cornstarch with salt
- Add the potato slices to a bowl, stir until completely coated
- Heat oil in a thick frying pan, use medium heat
- Now it’s time to fry the potatoes until golden and crispy
- After frying, place it on a plate that has been lined with tissue. Sprinkle on top with a little salt
- Arrange the fried potatoes on a serving platter
- Now top the potatoes with black beans, tofu, chorizo, queso fresco (you can use cheddar cheese), cilantro, jalapeno, and red onion.
- Then, sprinkle with sour cream and salsa on top
- Serve quickly and enjoy the crunch and deliciousness of Mexican Papas Locas at your home.
To add uniqueness and additional taste, you can try topping with other ingredients such as using sweet potatoes instead of potatoes and topping with avocado and coriander leaves.
Mexican Papas Locas is now the most delicious food in the ranks of Mexican food, even among the many street foods there. If you are traveling to Mexico, don’t forget to take a look at this unique food in Mexican culture, you will be surprised by its deliciousness, this is a crazy potato that will leave you stunned and fascinated.
Serving Suggestions for Mexican Papas Locas
If you can make Mexican Papas Locas yourself at home, then how do you serve it so that you will be even more tempted by this snack. Find unique combinations to satisfy your taste.
The way it is presented is considered aesthetic and artistic, start with how to dress the ingredients. Start with fries, add cheese sauce and salsa verde. For even more deliciousness, top with fresh avocado, pickled jalapeno, and grilled bacon. impressive!
As we said, this Mexican snack can be adjusted to your preferences, if you are a vegetarian, you can try it by adding black beans and grilled vegetables without using meat.
Perfect Pairings with Mexican Papas Locas
You want to enjoy Papas Locas with the right and perfect partner. We share here how you can enjoy it more impressively.
For additional deliciousness from Papas Locas, you can pair it with the following foods:
- Guacamole: The taste is tangy and the texture is creamy so it is considered suitable to be paired with Mexican papas locas
- Corn on the Cob: Sweet roasted corn can add flavor, the juicy seeds and smoky flavor are perfect for making your mouth water when enjoying papas locas.
- Fruit Salad: If you want to enjoy Mexican Papas Locas in a healthier way, try pairing it with fruit or a fruit salad. For example, pineapple and watermelon, these two types of fruit are very suitable with Papas Locas.
Variations of Mexican Papas Locas
This food vary greatly, starting from the basic ingredients, some use potatoes and others use sweet potatoes. Now, along with culinary developments, many papas locas have developed in a modern direction, or modern Papas Locas. Here we present to you several variations of this Mexican street snack after giving it a modern twist.
Modern Twist on Mexican Papas Locas
– Classic: Uses French fries with tomato sauce, cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, nuts, and cilantro.
– Seafood: Using crab and shrimp cooked with avocado, cucumber and crispy fried potatoes.
– Vegan: If you are a vegetarian or vegan, you can make Papas locas with French fries, vegan sauce, vegan sour cream, black beans, onions, and seasonings.
FAQs about Mexican Papas Locas Food
Q: What the Food Is?
This is a snack that originates from street food in Mexico or is called Mexican street food, made with french fries, or sweet potatoes, topped with cheese, sour cream, salsa, and served on crispy tortilla chips.
Q: What type of potato is usually used?
You can use various types of potatoes, you can even use sweet potatoes as a substitute for potatoes. But what is generally used is red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes. The reason is because this type of potato will give a nice shape after cooking.
Q: How do you season Papas locas?
This unique and delicious food is seasoned with a mixture of spices such as chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Some recipes even add lime juice.
Q: Can you use other flour for the topping?
Yes, you can customize it with various toppings that you like, you can use diced tomatoes, jalapeno, black beans, bacon and sliced grilled chicken.
Q: Are Mexican papas locas vegetarian or vegan-friendly?
You can make Papas Locas with vegan ingredients, the way to do this is to eliminate dairy products, such as removing the cheese topping and sour cream, if you have to use salsa, then use vegan friendly salsa.
Q: Where can I find Mexican papas locas?
This food is a Mexican snack, so you can easily find it on the streets of Mexico. But now, Locas Mexican papas has spread throughout the world, you can find it in many famous restaurants in the world.