Are you looking for a Tortellacci recipe or how to make Tortellacci pasta cake? This is an important article about this amazing recipe. We all definitely like this food, we always gather together when eating because Tortellacci is served immediately.
This is not just a pasta dish but an important food in our family, its rich taste, delicious texture, and of course it can bring extraordinary harmony in our family.
This food is wrinkled on the edges in such a way, and inside it is filled with lots of ingredients. For us, this is a treasure that makes us all happy.
If you are looking for a Tortellacci recipe and how to make it, we will reveal the secret of delicious Tortellacci in front of you right now.
Tortellacci Recipe: How to Make It
The tortellacci is a pasta cake that is shaped like a pillow with the edges creased in such a way as to enclose the filling. Tortellacci is a cake with a yeast base, filled with a spinach-ricotta mixture. Then served in soup or used as an appetizer.
You definitely can’t wait to know how to make Tortellacci, right! Let’s immediately see what ingredients are used:
For the Pasta Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
The Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cooked spinach, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For Assembly and Cooking Ingredients:
- Flour for dusting
- Salt, for boiling
- Water for sealing
For the Sauce Ingredients:
- Fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Let’s go with these steps in making the Tortellacci:
- First make a mound of flour on a clean surface, you can do this on a clean table. Make a hole in the middle.
- Then crack the egg in the hole and add salt
- Then gently beat the egg with a fork, and gradually add the flour from the hole you made. Keep stirring until the dough to make Tortellacci is formed.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, or knead until smooth and elastic. If your dough is sticky, add flour to reduce the stickiness.
- Next, wrap the dough in plastic wrap, let it rest for 30 minutes, this aims to loosen the gluten.
Making the Filling:
To make the filling, mix ricotta cheese, cooked spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg, pepper in a separate bowl. Then mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
Assembling the Tortellacci:
- This is the part that most of you can’t do, so pay close attention to this part.
- Roll out the pasta sheets with a pasta machine until thin, you can also use a rolling pin. The sheet should be about 1/16 inch thick.
- Then use a round cutter with a diameter of 3 inches, you can use a glass with a diameter of 3 inches.
- Take a spoonful of the filling, and place it in the middle of the pasta that has been cut into rounds.
- The edges of the pasta are slightly moistened with water so that it sticks easily.
- Then fold the circle in half, just make it look like a moon, and glue or glue the edges that have been dampened with a little water.
- Holding the half moon shape, bring the two corners of the flat side together. Press firmly until it forms a Tortellacci cake.
- The shape should be like a small hat with folded edges
- The tortellacci that have been assembled are placed on a baking sheet that has been sprinkled with a little flour so that it does not stick.
Cooking the Tortellacci:
How to cook Tortellacci? Check out the following guide:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Carefully place the Tortellacci in boiling water, cook for 5 minutes, or until the Tortellacci floats.
- Then, take out the cooked Tortellacci, remove it carefully with a slotted spoon and place it on a serving platter.
Making the Sauce:
- Take a separate pan, melt the unsalted butter over heat, let the butter foam and turn brown in color.
- Then add fresh sage leaves, and leave to dry slightly.
- Pour the butter and sage sauce over the cooked Tortellacci
- Take the grated parmesan cheese and sprinkle it on top
- Serve Tortellacci immediately as a delicious and elegant pasta dish.
Tips for Tortellacci Recipe
- The pasta dough must be mixed well so you can get the right texture
- Don’t fill the tortellacci completely so that it doesn’t break when cooked.
- Tape the edges well to prevent leaks during boiling
- When cooking, make sure the water boils slowly so the tortellacci don’t spoil.
- The butter must be browned so that it becomes a sauce that feels spicy and delicious.
- Stuffings and sauces are not limited to cooked spinach or butter, feel free to experiment boldly to get a variety of flavors.
What to Serve With
Tortellacci can be served with various sauces or other accompaniments, this will add to its amazing taste and texture. We provide several ways of serving tortellacci that you will never forget.
Please pay attention to the following some of the best ways to present your tortellacci.
1. Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
This is a classic sauce and is very suitable for pasta, the way to make it is to brown the butter so it tastes spicy. The addition of sage leaves in this sauce makes it even more flavorful.
2. Creamy Alfredo Sauce
Alfredo sauce is made with heavy cream, butter and grated parmesan cheese. There are additional sautéed mushrooms and grilled chicken to add flavor and taste.
3. Tomato Basil Sauce
Tortellacci can also be served with tomato basil sauce. This is made by boiling tomatoes and garlic, onions and fresh basil, the aroma will make your Tortellacci even more enjoyable.
4. Pesto Sauce
You can also enjoy Tortellacci with pesto sauce. It is a pesto of fresh basil, olive oil, garlic and a dynamic and aromatic sauce.
5. Browned Butter and Walnut Sauce
This is similar to a butter sauce, but here adds toasted walnuts for a delicious, earthy crunch for a delicious Tortellacci.
6. Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
It’s made by mixing roasted garlic mixed with heavy cream, the result is a smooth, flavorful sauce, and it coats the Tortellacci dish with velvety smoothness.
7. Sautéed Vegetables
One more way to serve your Tortellacci. This vegetable stir fry is made with a combination of several vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, this will be a nutritious topping for your Tortellacci. Don’t forget to season with garlic, herbs and a little olive oil.
That’s the Tortellacci recipe, by reading this article, we hope you can make this delicious pasta dish yourself at home. We have explained the ingredients you have to prepare, how to make it, make the sauce and finally how or with what you should serve Tortellacci. Hopefully this pasta Recipe will become a new recipe that you can practice at home.