Triple Delight, Chinese food that will amaze your appetite, just when you hear the name you will definitely want to eat it immediately. This is a meal that combines delicious meat, aromatic spices, fresh vegetables, all ingredients cooked just right and perfect. This is classic Chinese food that is a mix of flavors, textures and is sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate.
China is not only famous for its Kung Fu but they also stand out for their culinary side. One of the most phenomenal Chinese dishes is Triple Delight and this is considered the crown jewel. In this dish there is a Chinese culinary art, it brings together main ingredients that harmonize charmingly: The three ingredients are tender chicken, beef and plump shrimp.
What is Triple Delight?
Let’s dive deeper with the food. What is Triple Delight? This is a Chinese food that consists of three main types of ingredients. The main ingredients in it are shrimp, beef and chicken. The meat should be cooked in a spicy sauce, and then served over rice.
Do you want to try this Triple Delight recipe? We will help you to prepare the ingredients.
- 250 grams boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 250 grams of large prawns, peeled
- 250 grams of beef sirloin and sliced thinly
- Two cups of broccoli florets
- Thinly slice one red bell pepper
- One cup of sliced mushrooms
- One green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- One inch of grated ginger
- Soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for decoration
- Spring onions, chopped for garnish.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, corn flour, sugar, and red pepper flakes, stir well.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil, heat it in a wok or large wok, and use medium or high heat. Add the chicken slices, sauté for 4 minutes and remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté the shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Then add another tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan and now sauté the beef for 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, now add the garlic and ginger, sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Next, add the broccoli. bell peppers, mushrooms in a pan. Saute for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and crunchy.
- Return chicken, shrimp, beef, to pan with vegetables. Then pour the sauce mixture into the ingredients and stir evenly, and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Now taste and adjust the seasoning and salt, pepper if needed. Next, transfer the Triple Delight to a serving plate, garnish with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
If you want to get a unique Chinese taste, marinate chicken, shrimp, and also put beef in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, marinate for 30 minutes before cooking.
All ingredients are sliced thinly and chopped evenly so they can be cooked perfectly.
Vegetables don’t need to be cooked thoroughly to keep them crunchy and keep their color fresh green. You just need to sauté it for 4 minutes.
Adjust the spice level by adding chili flakes to suit your taste. If you need a milder taste, then you can reduce the chili flakes or omit them altogether.
Now you can serve Triple Delight with steamed rice or with noodles for a complete and satisfying meal.
How to present Triple Delight? Here we will explain how you should serve Triple Delight for a more perfect impression.
Triple Delight is a Chinese food that you can eat as a main course or meal, or as part of a big Chinese party. You can serve Triple Delight with steamed jasmine rice or toss it with noodles for a delightful stir-fry noodle dish. You can also serve it by combining it with vegetable spring rolls, steamed dumplings, for an unforgettable impression.
For the perfect presentation of Triple Delight, try serving it on a large plate, garnished with sesame seeds, or with chopped onions. Delicious meat and fresh color provide added value that can increase your appetite.
Triple Delight Ingredients Substitute
To create a better taste, you can replace several substitute ingredients.
– Chicken: In making it, we use sliced chicken breast, but you can replace it with skinless and boneless chicken legs or chicken legs. Don’t forget to slice it thinly so it cooks evenly.
– Shrimp: This Chinese dish uses shrimp, if you don’t have it you can replace it with diced tofu or shellfish. This is a delicious food and can add nutritional value to your meal.
– Beef: Generally when making Triple Delight we use sirloin, but you can use beef tenderloin, thinly sliced pork loin or flank steak.
– Broccoli: Besides broccoli, you can also use bok choy, Chinese cabbage, or other green vegetables, you can also replace broccoli with cauliflower florets.
– Bell Peppers: Not only red bell peppers, you can also use other types of bells such as orange Bell peppers, or yellow bell peppers. Apart from that, you can also use carrots, peas, sliced thinly to make them crunchy.
– Mushrooms: You can use various types of mushrooms in Triple Delight, you can use shiitake mushrooms with their umami taste or use oyster mushrooms or others.
How to Store Triple Delight correctly
- Wrap in aluminum or plastic wrap
- Put it in an airtight container, store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it again.
- If you have leftover rice, then store it separately in another container. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
How to Reheat This Chinese Food Correctly
The best way to reheat Triple Delight Chinese food is to use the microwave. Place food in a container in the microwave and cover tightly, or wrap in plastic, heat for 3-5 minutes on high power.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can reheat it in a frying pan, heat it over medium heat until everything feels warm, it might take you 5 minutes.
Health Benefits of Triple Delight Chinese Food
There are several health benefits of eating this Chinese food.
The protein content can help build muscle and make a person feel full. It also contains omega 3 fatty acids from the shrimp we use. The benefits of omega 3 are reducing inflammation and lowering cholesterol.
Triple Delight also contains beef which provides iron which is useful in the formation of red blood cells. Red blood cells are very important because they are useful for carrying food and oxygen throughout the body. To be clearer about the benefits of triple delight Chinese food, let’s see how many nutritional levels it contains below.
- Calories: 290
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Proteins: 10 g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
What kind of sauce is in Triple Delight?
This food uses the perfect combination of sauces, where we uses a combination of oyster sauce and soy sauce.